Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blog #10

The main issues research writers seem to face when writing a research paper is plagiarism. Even though the writer does not copy the source word for word the writer often takes ideas from the source and states them as there own. You can tell when a plagiarist mistake such as this occurs when the writer is thrown from there style of writing and adds in the quote/statement as if it was his/her own. This throws off the reader because the style of writing are two completely different styles and most of the time that is how plagiarism is caught. As for me my biggest flaw is that i am lazy. I have fixed this problem this semester but I still find myself procrastinating when writing a paper. I must fix this problem and not always wait till last minute. Waiting till the last minute always comes back to haunt me. There have been many times I have not written up to my capabilities because the paper has been rushed. When i procrastinate and wait till the last minute my final paper is not as good as I can write it. Waiting till the last minute does not allow you to stretch your brain and come up with theory's that the readers have never heard/seen before. When i write i think my advantage is that i am able to stretch my brain which leads to stretching the length of the paper. Theory's, Hypothesis that you come up with when you do not wait till last minute are phenomenall. But when a paper is rushed you can tell there was not much thought going into it and the reader can tell that is wasn't done up to full capabilities. I be live i am a good writer and my best days are still yet to come. I have much to learn and i must leave the past behind me. I must stop being lazy because it only hurts me in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment